Somatic Awareness Exercise
Try an experiment & take something that has been frustrating & triggering you. Close your eyes & bring up the feeling & then see if you can sense how your body is telling you that you are upset. Notice subtle signs of tension, contraction, pain, etc.
Now try squeezing your hands & feet tightly for a few seconds & then release them all at once. Notice what you sense in your body & see if it is changing.
There may be subtle signs of discharge like tingling, twitching, tears, yawning, gurgling stomach, etc. that show the energy is moving. Follow this with your curious attention, without judgement or even trying to "fix" anything & see what happens. You may find that what was upsetting before is not as strong.
Repeat this exercise until you feel a marked reduction in your reaction to the issue.
As with all meditations & exercises remember that you are ALWAYS your own best authority on what is right for you & stop if you feel you need assistance in accessing this stored emotion.
- Post Traumatic Growth
- Night Terror: Fear of Falling
- Attractor Fields
- Addicted to Discharge
- Somatic Self-Inquiry
- The Limits of "Talk Therapy"
- Training the Ego
- Nervous Breakthrough-The Art of Transformation
- Nervous Breakthrough: Trauma vs. Conditioning
- The Deeper Remembering
- Thoughts on BiPolar Disorder by LJAmlie
- Angels and Demons
- Kundalini Awakening Questions
- Coming Out of the Spiritual Closet
- The Final Conundrum
- Spiritual PTSD
- Kundalini: Awakening the Body+Mind+Spirit
- Manifesting "Virtual Reality"
- Signs of a Nervous Breakdown or Signs of Spiritual Awakening?
- Life Living Itself
- Soul Retrieval
- Manifesting Samsara & Samadhi
- Out of the Fog
- Creative Awakening School
All material is subject to copyright by Jeanette Amlie 2010-2016 with all reproduction rights reserved